An english company created the BYO CUPS ”The only reusable cup that´s made of silicone” so they say. I’m sorry to break the news to them but reusable menstrual cups made out of silicone do already exist and have for a long time now :D But may be not for coffee!
Check out all those super cute design! Silicone cups looking like paper cups. How nice would it be if we could all go to our coffee shop with our reusable cup. They also offer branding on quantity over 500+. Would be a great if coffee shop could provide some cups for the regulars so you could go and get your refill every day. I want one!!!
“The BYO Coffee Cup is made from food-grade silicone, using the world´s most abundant natural resource, silica. We have purposely chosen this material to ensure we don´t use presious natual resourses like petro-chemicals. So the Cup it not plastic, and is entirely BPA free.
The BYO Coffee Cup has been invented to reduce waste by encouraging you to Bring-Your-Own Coffee Cup every time you buy a Take Away Coffee or Tea.
If you buy a take-away coffee every workday morning, you´re discarding at least 250 paper coffee cups and plastic lids every year. In UK, we use billions of paper cups a year, and most of them are none compostable and end up in landfields.
Let´s stop the habit, and help save the planet one coffee cup at a time with a reusable BYO Coffee Cup.
Here´s why the BYO Coffee Cup is a better choice
• It’s made from food-grade silicone, a synthetic rubber made using the world’s most available natural resource, silica.
• It is not a plastic or a petrochemical product. So we are not wasting precious resources.
• Silicone is light, yet flexible, will withstand up to 200 celcius heat. It keeps your coffee warm and your fingers cool.
• It’s dishwasher friendly, microwave friendly, user friendly and eco-friendly.
• Both 8oz and 12oz size cups fit easily under the group head on the espresso machine. The silicone cup won’t slip or slide on the pouring platform, and the lid fits snugly, gripping the cup. The action to put the lid on is the same as a paper take-away cup. Start at one sid and run your finger all the way around the cup.
• Biro or water based marker can be used on the cup to indicate customers’ order for the barista – then easily wiped off when cleaned.
• When tested with baristas, it’s had universal approval. We’ve made it to industry standard measures – so the barista makes the right coffee shot with perfect crema.
• It’s much nicer to drink from than paper or plastic.
• Fits bike and car cup holders.
• Guaranteed for 3 years.
• Will not harbour bacteria.
• Will not breakdown with normal use.
• So easy to clean, because there are no crevices or hard to clean removable bits
Conventional Paper Coffee Cups have a huge environmental impact.
• Most disposable coffee cups are not recyclable or compostable.
• UK use billions of paper cups every year.
• Typical they are made using 100% bleached virgin paperboard and has a plastic lining made from a petrochemical to make it waterproof, and most of them ends up in landfill because they cannot be recycled.
• Switch to a reusable BYO Coffee Cup and help save the planet one Coffee at a time.”
added 12th of june:
I just found these flashy cup also called the keepcup from Australia
“KeepCups are ‘barista standard’ because a trained barista can make awesome to go coffee in them. They come in the four standard takeaway sizes and fit under the group handles of most espresso coffee machines. When your coffee is made in a KeepCup the crema on the shot is not broken and the portioning of milk to coffee will be correct. KeepCups have thermal properties similar to paper so they are not a thermos. Replicating the functionailty of disposable cups KeepCups are splashproof, not a sealed container.
Many small acts make a phenomenal difference.
We chose plastic to manufacture the KeepCups. They are made from single component materials, they are lightweight, easy to carry and have low embodied energy in manufacture.
KeepCups are BPA free and non-toxic.
To ensure they are user friendly they are also dishwasher and microwave safe and fit into most bicycle and car cup holders.”
They have a very cute store where you can customize you own cup by combining the colors of the lid, the cup, the band and the plug. Go have a look!!
This post is also available in: French
2 comments on “BYO CUPS a silicone cup…for coffee :)”
Pingback: micro jobs online
Pingback: payday loans