You are a virgin
There are more and more young girls virgins who use cups successfully but your hymen might make get in the way. Depending on how thick it is, how stretchy it is, how large the natural opening is, and many other variables, your hymen may or may not be the issue. And it’s possible that menstrual cup use could result in breaking it. Decide for yourself whether keeping it intact is important to you.
As for women that are virgin in their adulthood, I tend to think that it’s a bit easier as they had a few more years to explore their intimate parts regardless if it’s of sexual nature or not. Having said that, every woman is unique and you may want to check with your gynecologist about your hymen, if it is obstructing the vaginal canal, if you are experiencing pain etc. Stress will only clench your muscles even more making the insertion difficult.
You are just born with a short and/or tight vagina
As for being “tight,” your vaginal wall muscles (aka PC muscles) are more involuntary than voluntary. Next time you go pee, start and stop your stream a couple of times. You use your PC muscles for that. Then insert a finger and give it a little squeeze. Now that you know how to tighten them, you need to learn how to RELAX them on command. You will need to do so fully for insertion and especially cup removal. Yes, get comfortable inserting things. You’ll have to “dig around down there” quite a bit, especially during the learning curve that we all had for first few time we used a menstrual cups.
Which menstrual cup is more adapted for small vaginas
You can see in details all sizes of menstrual cups on the comparison table, sort by diameter and lenght to see which cup is the most narrow and shorter depending on your need. I would recommend a diameter below 40mm. See below the more narrow menstrual cups on the market today:
The Me Luna SHORTY Size S
- Only 35mm length excluding stem
- Available in firmness: classic, soft, sport
- 3 choice of stems: Stem, ball, ring
- Cost only 15€
- Because of its shortness the capacity is only 15ml
The Femmycycle Low Cervix
- Great capacity of 30ml
- Unique no spill design
- It has a ring instead of a stem that is not intrusive and that enables a better ease of removal
- Because of this no spill design there is an extra thickness when folded for insertion that can make it a little more bulky.
- The strong suction of the cup because there is no holes at the rim.
The Organicup Size A
- One of the softest cup (similar to lunette)
- The rim on the Organicup is very firm and prominent allowing it to pop open easily
- Large air holes for easier cleaning
- Free shipping worldwide
- Mmm can’t think of anything for that one!
I hope you found that article informative. Please comment below if you have feedback, tips or other cups to mention for short vaginas.
PS: thanks to my super cute cat to always be so patient with me, allowing this picture with a Me Luna shorty :)