There are many reasons why menstrual cups are better than any other alternatives commonly used. Let me give you in brief reasons why they are so great:
• The menstrual cup is comfortable. It sits quite low in the vagina compared to tampons but due to its flexible material (medical grade silicone) you cannot feel it at all (can’t say as much about tampons or big bulky pads!)
• It does not dry you out or disrupt your vaginal ph levels the way disposable tampons do. That is because a cup doesn’t absorb anything, it collects. There is much more in a vagina than just blood even during menstruation, those secretions are important and should not be absorbed.
• Menstrual cups have never been associated with TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome). Disposable tampons on the other hand have been associated with TSS which is a potentially deadly bacterial illness. When a cup is inserted in your vagina, it’s protected from the air by a light seal on the vagina wall, that way the bacterias don’t develop as fast. Read this brochure about TSS
• Many women report a much cleaner feeling while using a cup, and none of the common odor that usually comes with your period. You will notice it from the first time you use it.
• A menstrual cup is cheaper in the long run. Most women spend a lot of money on disposables. But with a menstrual cup, you only need one, and it can last for years!
• A menstrual cup is better for the environment; billions of disposable pads and tampons are dumped into the beaches and landfills every year, and they are not biodegradable. They hang around for many years! But with a menstrual cup, you are avoiding all those problems. Silicone is a product composed of silica and sandstone, two elements being quite abundant in Nature.
• A Menstrual cups is great for travelling, just one cup in a little pouch and you are set, you will never need to go and look for disposables and fill up your suitcase with bulky packages of pads of tampons.
• You never have buy anything else again. No more standing in line at the grocery store, with your most personal items on display to everyone or having to ask a total stranger for a tampon with a stain on your pants because you got caught by surprise.
• You can wear a menstrual cup ahead of time when you are expecting your period. If you know your periods are due today and you will be at work, just put your cup in the morning and you don’t have to worry about it. You can’t do that with tampons.
• You can do everything with a cup you can with a tampon and more: sports, swimming, you can even sleep safely while wearing one all night!
• A Menstrual cups is totally invisible when in use. You won’t have to be afraid to wear your finest lingerie while menstruating, you can sleep naked at night, wear light coloured clothes. No need to hide the little tampon string or wear huge panties to hold a pad in place ! All for your personal pleasure… and your partner’s.
• Menstrual cups do not leak chemicals into the body. Disposable tampons contain bleached cotton, rayon/viscose fibers that get left behind inside you, and dioxin, which may be linked to cancer.
• The menstrual cup, and the materials used are safe. Medical grade silicone has natural antibacterial properties, and washes clean. So it is perfectly safe to re-use as recommended.
• Cups aren’t tested on Animals. Most tampon and pad manufacturers are large conglomerate companies who test their products on animals. Even if you boycott their cosmetics, buying their menstrual products still supports these companies and their testing. No menstrual cup companies test their products on animals.*
Better for the planet | Better for your body | Better for your wallet
If you are already convinced CHOOSE YOUR CUP NOW